The band of gypsys and friends forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum?

3 posters

Go down

Should attending to the forum be mandatory to officers?

Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum? I_vote_lcap67%Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum? I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]
Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum? I_vote_lcap33%Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum? Empty Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum?

Post by Adanak Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Godd day all,

After the somewhat shaky start of march event (get your guild known event), we were wondering why ppl werent participating. Obliviously, the first thing that came to mind is communication. Since the guild's motd has limited space, we cannot put all information on it. Another solution is to spam the different chat available (guild chat, multi guild channel, etc...) and this can be very annoying to ppl. So, we thought about using our officers staff to "spread" any event or message we need to share to guildies. Theorically, officers should have all the info about what's going on in the guild and be able to participate whenever they can/want! That's the difference between an officer and a member: its involvement in guild activities.

Toward that end, we thought about asking officer to show up on this forum on a regular basis to see if anything is up and gather the info needed. We're are not asking to be active on the forum. We wont check post count and such. But we think that all officer should be able to answer basic questions about the guild and its different event.

That'S why we ask you to answer this small poll about this issue. Do not hesitate to bring any argument you may have.

Adanak
Admin

http://bandofgypsys.ogameunivers.com

Back to top Go down

Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum? Empty Gypsys

Post by Gurifisu Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:10 pm

The Band of Gypsys is a great guild mainly because it's the largest active guild of the Khyber server and because it's very laid back. Gypsys has been great for all types of players from people who want to organize group raids or questing or for those players who simply want to log on and just run stuff. I think with the current leadership we have, Gypsys are doing fine in the area of running guild raids and getting the message out about events. The last event had quite a large responce from guild members. This one did not. So is the way of things. Making a large change because of lack of participation may be a slight oversight.

I feel that if we start making non in game activity mandatory it takes away from one of the things that makes Gypsys the best ( it's laid backness ) and causes people to spend less time on what they want such as running their toons which in turn builds our guild up further. I have never been a fan of spending much time on forums as I would rather be in game. - Guri

Gurifisu

Back to top Go down

Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum? Empty Re: Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum?

Post by Repyr Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Before I vote I'd like to know what the requirements would be. What I mean is will it be announced in the motd that we are supposed to check the forums? How long will we have before we are required to know the info? Any other info that you think would help make this decision would be nice.

Thanks,

Repyr

Repyr

Back to top Go down

Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum? Empty Re: Poll - should we ask gypsys officers to participate once in a while in the forum?

Post by Repyr Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:23 pm

Considering the fact that no one has responded to my previous post in 2 weeks (and the game servers are even down right now due to the update). I think this issue has died and Guri has hit the nail on the head. (Which is the way I was leaning before I even asked the above question). If I am online I would rather be in game running quests. If there is a guild event and it cannot be explained with the MotD then the message can simply read: "Guild event from xx/xx/xx to xx/xx/xx please go to the forum for details."

As to the previously popular event I think the it was popular because it was simple, it was different, and everyone who entered walked away with something. This event, which is being run again, is something that most people do anyway when they can. Not only that but it is being asked of those who need gear/plat. to decide between the "CHANCE" to win an auto's box or needed loot/money right now.

I am an officer and I am willing to help any way I can but please don't require me to go to an outside source for info so I can explain it to someone else who isn't willing to find the details on our site themselves.

Thanks,

Repyr

Repyr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum